August is often referred to as Back to School Month, but did you know it’s also National Curb Appeal Month? Although there are endless options on how to increase your home’s curb appeal, we wanted to share a few of the more popular ones you can start today. Did you also know some of these tips may help you recoup some of your home’s value? For example, most people don’t know that upgrading your garage door can recoup over 93% of the cost if you sell your home. Let’s explore the best 5 ways you can start sprucing up that exterior.
5 simple; yet effective ways, to improve your home’s curb appeal
1. Bring Life Back Into Your Front Door and Shutters – Often times the simplest upgrades can make the biggest impression. We take for granted how much adding a simple coat or two of paint to a front door can bring your home to life. Or how dull shutters can suck the life out of an otherwise lively house. In order to successfully complete painting your front door, follow these tips and tricks from HGTV. If you really want the WOW factor, then you can also match the color of your front door to your home’s shutters, trim and even your garage doors!
2. Light Up Your Home by Replacing Old Exterior Lighting Fixtures – Just as your shutters can fade and become dull, so can your exterior fixtures. Outdated fixtures can make the exterior of your home look bland and lifeless. When choosing new fixtures, make sure to consider the style of your home as well as the functionality needed to enhance your curb appeal. You may need brighter lighting to illuminate your driveway or more subtle decorative lighting to accent a sidewalk. Explore more outdoor lighting tips that will beautify your home while not breaking the bank!
3. Be the Talk of the Neighborhood with a Little TLC and Greenery – We get it; not everyone has a green thumb when it comes to gardening and landscaping. However, adding some vibrant flowers in your natural areas or a couple of flourishing potted greenery creations can truly enhance your home’s curb appeal. See for yourself below what fresh flowers, new light fixtures and shutters matching your garage doors can do to make your home stand out from the rest.
4. The Mailman Isn’t the Only One Who Sees Your Mailbox – One of the cheapest yet most effective ways to spruce up your curb appeal is to give that mailbox a pick-me-up. There are endless options to how you can do this. One simple low maintenance tip is to plant evergreen plants all around the mailbox that will bloom some seasons and stay green all year long. You can also place something taller behind the mailbox such as a trellis. Then simply plant a crawling flower or ivy that will soften the look of the mailbox and add instant curb appeal. The last step to this tip is to buy new house numbers or simply clean your current numbers; depending on the material they are made of; and voila, your mailbox is curb appeal ready.
5. Upgrade that Outdated, Rackety Garage Door – Which would you notice first, an old rusted, dented garage door or a beautifully colored, dent free set of garage doors with accent windows? Well, the answer is both. Since garage doors secure what is typically the largest opening in most homes, most everyone pays attention to ugly garage doors and pretty garage doors equally. But since we are focusing on curb appeal, having a pretty, updated garage door will certainly add more value to your home’s curb appeal rather than an old dilapidated one. Amarr has made this part of enhancing your curb appeal project easy with our Before and After feature. Simply slide the line back and forth in the below image to see for yourself how powerful a new garage doors can be on a home.
Now that you have seen what a new garage door can do, the next step is to design the perfect garage door that will accent your home’s architectural style. With so many choices of garage doors, you can easily find doors to fit within your budget and style. Then once you find your perfect garage doors, you can contact a trusted Amarr dealer to help bring your vision to life.
Enhancing your curb appeal doesn’t have to cost a ton of money to get effective results. Whether you’re working on a small budget to get instant curb appeal or you have bigger goals to spruce up both the exterior and interior of your home, the most important thing is that enhancing your curb appeal will not only add value to your home while also give it a fresh, new look.